We’re thrilled to announce that Support Act’s COVID-19 Crisis Relief Grants are now open to applications for performing arts workers via the website.
The grants are valued at $2,000 for individuals and $2,700 for families with dependent children and are available to anyone working professionally in the performing arts, provided they meet a set criteria.
These grants are in addition to the grants that are currently available to music workers.
To be eligible for a COVID-19 Crisis Relief Grant, performing arts workers must meet the following criteria:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid working visa
- prove that you have been working professionally in the performing arts industry for three years
- provide names and details of two professional referees
- have household expenses greater than your household income
Performing arts workers eligible for this grant include:
- performing artists and creatives
- production and technical crew
- management and administration
A list of included occupations is available via the FAQ page on the website.
A specially created reference group has been set up to advise on outreach to the performing arts sector including leading industry bodies Theatre Network Australia, The Arts Wellbeing Collective, Alliance of Australasian Performing Arts Benevolent Funds and Live Performance Australia.
The addition of performing arts workers as grant recipients was made following the announcement of $20 million in funding by the Australian Government through the Office for the Arts earlier this month.
The COVID-19 Crisis Relief Grants application form for Performing Arts Workers, as well as other help and resources, FAQs and eligibility criteria, can be found on the Support Act website.